7 Delayed Map Reviews

[wmd-rss url=”#ed677″ items=”7″ ls-id=”58cef4cc2c170″/]

1)Tosch’s Map and Vlog

I enjoyed seeing Tosch’s map of his interpretation of the ED 677 course. The accompanying vlog explained the map, and gave further insights. I too, had somewhat of a problem with the “value of playing” request because similar to Tosch, I am old school and I distinctly don’t remember  participating in play during my school years. Additionally, since I have never had education courses until enrolling in master degree programs here at Arcadia, the thought of assessing play’s value in education has never crossed my mind. I also practriced Karate and Kendo in my younger years, and vividly recollect the wobble associated with learning various Katas, much as Tosch had mentioned.

2)Eric L’s Slide Show and Blog

The picture-by picture presentation of Eric’s cartography of connected learning demonstrated visually his thoughts in regards to the concerns that we have in our ED 677 course. Eight very salient points were verbally described and then cross-referenced with a photograph in a very unique slide show.

3)Marie’s Map of Life

I see that Marie started her life somewhere on French Street and then she found the impetus to get on  a major highway, the USA highway. A very interesting and creative map of her life, and her journeys at Arcadia University, with detours for marriage and raising sons. Marie also has taken additional detours in rediscovering her artistic side and fostering the learning  a completely new language as a result of being connected with her experiences in obtaining her Master’s degree.

4)Ms. Sunny’s Journey

Ms Sunny has utilized modern technology in the form of a phone application to map out her travels and experiences throughout her life, one which started in the beautiful state of Kerala, India.This particular phone app has delineated information of her travels, which  she explains as being “0% of the world” which might seem insignificant when viewed on this app, but obviously has real-world implications for the individual involved. Of importance is not the places she has been, but as she states “the real focus is on the relationships that I was able to build”. I feel this is a unique map and in every sense of the word, “connected”.

5)Mrs. Kelley’s Make and Take

The “mappa mundi” in Latin or the closely connected “ servilleta del mundo” in Spanish exemplifies and underscores the principles of this course. Ms. Kelley uses a napkin to highlight her experiences from traveling to distant places to engaging in volunteer organizations  and her professional, personal, family and university life. It is a marathon swim, that has only started….

6)Christina’s Map

In her representation of a connected learning map, Christina offers a succinct depiction of all the important aspects associated with this, in my opinion, new educational tool. The final infograph which represents“interest” is the most important. We do indeed need to cultivate these connected concepts within the educational community with forums and courses, such as this one, to broaden the horizons of both educators and students alike.

7)Sam’s Journey

This personal map, which has been skillfully doodled,  is a profound statement for a woman who is deeply entrenched in the arts, whether they be visual, musical or literary. Sam needs to consider herself as being blessed to have participated in so many artistic ventures and to have such a  high level of appreciation for all of them.